Wednesday, April 4, 2012

UPDATE

Hi Everyone!!

So it has been 3.5 weeks since my surgery.  And I am happy to report that I have lost 25 lbs and over 10inches.  I can't believe it has already been that long, I guess that anticipation of the surgery really did get to me.  I am glad it is now behind me and I am feeling GREAT!!!

I am still eating mushy foods, for example yesterday I ate the following:
  • Breakfast: 1/2 a packet of oatmeal (low fat no sugar)
  • Snack: Protein Shake
  • Lunch: 1/4 cup of refried beans (the veggie no fat version of course) with a sprinkle of cheese YUMMy and a sliver of avocado
  • Snack: Protein shake
  • Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken (about 1-2 oz) and a broccoli floret 
The protein shakes are necessary to make sure I am getting enough protein in.  Also this past Monday, I went to my first Support Group!!  I gotta admit I was a bit nervous at first, but if ya know me, you know that talking is not really a problem for me.  It was really GREAT and informative, there was people at all different stages and some "veterans" 7 years + that were there and I was able to ask a lot of questions.  I was hesitant but afterwards I felt like WOW these people get it!  Don't get me wrong I get a lot of support from family and friends, but as much support as I get, no one really understands exactly what I feel.  So it was great to talk to people and hear success stories and to know it will get better with time.

Right now, I am in a adjustment stage.  I am really trying to adjust to the eating.  OMG speaking of adjusting, this past week I at a pudding snack a little too fast and HOLY PAIN!!! I tried to walk, I was walking around our property like a crazy person rubbing my chest, the pain is INTENSE and would not go away until.. yes you guess it I had to VOMIT.. I hate throwing up, but lets face it who likes to throw up. I can say that I instantly felt better, but was traumatized because I hate to throw up lol.  I brought it up in Group and everyone said to get use to it, because if you do eat to fast or something that your body does not agree with it will come back up.   So, I say "I POPPED MY BARIATRIC CHERRY" It happens to everyone and let me tell you a LEARNING lesson for sure.  I have since slowed my roll as much as possible.

Some changes I have noticed. My clothes are fitting loser and I am able to sleep thru the entire night.  I use to get up at least 1-2 times thru the night to use the restroom.  Lately I sleep thru the night (AWESOME). I gotta say I feel lighter on my feet.  My blood pressure has already gone down and the doc said that I will most likely go off of my blood pressure meds by the end of this month. YAY!!

2 comments: